Is there a doctor in the CAFE???

Okay, does anyone know what medicine is safe to take for a bacteria infection(vaginal)?????... Doctor gave me Flagyl..but dnt think thats safe....BREASTFEEDING
Back up story, about a week, almost two weeks ago, I fooled around with an ex, after like a day. I started having like this foul odor....ewww YES. We did have unprotected sex, yes STUPID ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..I let him take the condom off..eww..why..why..Okay, he called me like a couple of days ago and I told him.He said it was because he was uncircumsized...WTF.AND SAID thats how I got the infection, thats what he said. But I believe, its because of his girlfriend, that he says is an ex, is NASTY.Meaning that she has an infection and not checking herself. Well I have went to the doctor, but he didn't know what to give me because am BREASTFEEDING!!!..HELP!..I feel really stupid!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Health

• "This medication passes into breast milk. Therefore, breast-feeding is not recommended while using this drug. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding"

http://www.rxlist.com/flagyl-drug.htm#

Call your doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• maybe you should stop breast feeding for the time being, take the meds, get what ever that is cleared up (god bless you! i am so sorry!) then continue on breast feeding. i wish i could help more (im pregnant with my first) but i would think getting that checked out and cleared up first is pretty important...unless you can find some meds to take that is safe while beast feeding...maybe get a second opinion from another doctor.

i am soooo sorry! good luck! i know it must suck
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 5:07 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• You will need to "pump and dump" until this is cleared up.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:18 PM on Oct. 14, 2009