So I cut my own hair tonight. It turns out cutting your own hair is a lot harder than it looks.

I just wanted to save 25 bucks. What a mistake!! I'm almost 30 and should know better. I'm going to get it fixed TOMMORROW. What should I tell the hairstylist? I'm not telling her that I cut my own hair and look like a moron. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 AM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Just tell the truth. I broke up with a man and as a result, allowed my bff to pour red hair color over my blonde hair. I had to pay almost 300 bucks to have it fixed! Live and learn lol...oh, I was 34 at the time if that makes you feel any better!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:30 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Just tell them that a friend did it. Tell them that they said they knew how and turns out they didn't .. So that's why yourthere
    HANNAHSMOMMY25

Answer by HANNAHSMOMMY25 at 3:41 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• just tell them you did it...you wouldnt believe how common that is...when i did it and admitted to the hairdresser i did it she said she gets that ALLL the time, and its no big deal....
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 6:33 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Yes, I tried that in university- very bad move! Now I actually style hair part time and still the only thing I will touch with scissors in my bangs, because I can see them clearly! Just tell the hairdresser you did it yourself, or tell her a friend did it if you're too embarassed to tell her it was you! Stylists won't care... we see bad hair decisions all the time and have probably made a few ourselves!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:40 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Yeah, I have tried cutting hair before and it is alot harder than it looks. I cut my former step-sil's hair (she was too cheap to go to a styist). Thankfully she did not want anything fancy, just lemgth taken off in back and her bangs done- but still cutting hair once was enough for me!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:50 AM on Oct. 14, 2009