what is the best age for horse ride for a girl.

Ileen74

Asked by Ileen74 at 3:55 AM on Oct. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• i have been riding horses since i was 9/10. thats when my parents introduced them to me (competitions and what not)
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 4:03 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I was just thinking about this the otherday. My daughter LOVES horses. Shes 3 years old. I called a local Stabbled and they said that she could ride at age 4. But i dont know if she is going to be ready. But she LOVES them so much. so i think at least riding in a circle with the men at the place woudn't hurt
    HANNAHSMOMMY25

Answer by HANNAHSMOMMY25 at 4:11 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• yeah like how they do at fairs and such! i didnt think about that! that would be safe b/c when we brought our horses to the fair for children to ride they were the thpe of horse that would not kick or buck to save someones life lol they were always the lazy ones that loved to just walk.
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 4:18 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• for the full sized horses i reccomend 9 or 10....if you want to introduce your child earlier then start off with a smaller horse like a pony...big horses can be extremly scary and intimidating.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 6:29 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• hmm... my dd got her own horse for her 3rd bday... we bought a horse from a local stable, she is 18 years old, and has spent her whole life with children, she was used to teach children to ride... she is the sweetest, most gentle horse... she is full sized, but is still pretty small. Her back comes up to my chin and im 5'6".
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 10:20 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• My little girl is 3. I just put her on the horses for the first time this summer. She loves it! She rides with me on the quarter horses and then she rides around the yard by herself on the new pony. I walk next to the pony and she just follows me like a puppy dog! If I walk, she walks...if I stop, she stops. She's an older pony that grew up with a little girl and has done shows and competitions and so she's well trained. My daughter loves the horses...she can stand there and brush them with me and she understands she is never to walk behind them. I say it depends on the parent. If the parent is comfortable with horses, (I've been riding my whole life) then it's ok for them to be younger. Otherwise, wait until they are older. (BTW, I've got pics of my little girl riding on my page if you want to see.)
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 12:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2009