Anyone know about hermit crabs?

I recently had a wall replaced, due to a leaking window unit. This whole process attracted a BUNCH of roaches, so I bombed the place. I am interested in getting a pet for inside, but do not want anything that will attract more roaches, which is why my cats & dogs are outside now. So my question is, would getting a hermit crab (or 2) cause the roaches to return if properly cared for?

xv35ballx

Asked by xv35ballx at 4:06 AM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Pets

• i dont think so...me and my brother had them as kids and we had them in like a ten gallon fish tank thing...but our only problem was some how they kept escaping lol we had no clue how! and we would have to go on a crab hunt through the house to find them! lol they were usually under the couch lol so make sure you have a good cover for the top of it!
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 4:15 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• make sure you get more than one...and also besides the main tank they live in have a small like handheld one available when they show signs of molting...cause they turn canibal and can eat one another....
    when i had my two hermit crabs i used this website ALL THE TIME! and they know thier stuff! they will tell you ANYTHING you need to know!
    http://www.hermit-crabs.com/
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 6:26 AM on Oct. 14, 2009