not sure if im having panic attacks or anxiety attacks

ive been feeling really worried about my health due to me not feeling well , my heart feels like it wants to explode i get the chills with no fever and when i find that my body is relaxed thats when it hits me i cant sleep i feel very nervous..

nina81109

Asked by nina81109 at 4:56 AM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Health

• its sounds like and anxiety attack because usually panic attacks make u very sleepy.... I know this really dont help all this much but no one has gotten hurt from a panic attack or an anxiety attack but u should make an appointment to see a doctor to get some thing for it because they usually dont get better they get worse.... and when u get them try laying on ur left side and taking deep breaths
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:10 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I've had panic attacks (physiologically related) for 30 years. You can feel any one or variety of symptoms: hot flashes, chills, sweating, racing heart, nausea, dizziness, tunnel vision, light headedness, stomach/intestinal cramps, and a strong urge to get away from the situation. If you are having chest pains because of the attacks, you need to see a doctor yesterday. Stress CAN kill you although a panic attack won't. There's no shame in getting medical help for anxiety that's gotten out of control.

Learn relaxation techniques too. Deep breathing, meditation, targeting groups of muscles to tighten and relax. Listen to soothing sounds or music. Take a stroll down a quiet road or trail.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:14 AM on Oct. 14, 2009