how can a mom throw her own son out at 15..

my sons friend showed up here monday morning. he ws soaking wet and dirty. his mom threw him out friday night, and he was sleeping out on the streets in the cold and rain. he came over friday but we had went on a little vacation. my son invites him to stay here for a few days. i just dont know how a mother can do that. i have got mad at my son but i would never throw him out in the cold and rain. what can i do to help this boy. my boyfriend don't like the idea of this kid staying here. any advise please. thank you in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 AM on Oct. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• i got kicked out at 15 and a friend of mine her mom let me stay with them and treated me as if i was family and i think god everyday it happened like that... also u may want to make sure he got kicked out and not runaway..... but good luck with all
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 6:16 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• i think legally she cant throw him out because he is under age...best scenario maybe is to call the cops...or bring him home if you dont wanna do that....but as the previous poster said...he might not have been kicked out...and if he was what did he do? sounds like you dont know the whole story...best to give him back to his mom...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 6:18 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Incomprehensible to me as well! I have taken in my share of throw away kids, what I did was contacted his family for a peaceful resolution.

Answer by older at 7:00 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I got kicked out at 16, by my dad and stepmother, she said I "disrupeted her family" (I only came to live with them at 14, after my dad found out that there was abuse going on at my mom's house.) anyway, she and my dad had 3 other kids, 10-14 years younger than I was, so she told me to leave. I didn't know what to do, My dad tried to talk to me for about a month after, and then he stopped, he also never responded to any of my attempts to talk to him, After 13 years, we have finally started talking, I've worked everything out with both of them, (after many talks) and I am so glad to have them in my life again, I suggest you call the parents of that child, and try to help him the best you can, teenagers can be a handful, there might be more going on here then you know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:51 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Having 4 children, I never want to have to do that but if 1 of them is out of control, they will have to go. I have 3 other children to think about & there are some things that are just unacceptable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• my egg donor threw me out when I was 15. It was rough for a long time. I never did drugs or anything else until I was on the streets. 7 years later I am clean and sober and have a child of my own. I have never seen or spoken to my mother since she kicked me out. She kicked me out because she caught my stepfather looking at me while I wasundressing and I didn't know he was there..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• theres a story to everything. please dont be biased
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 10:08 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Depends on what he did. If he was using drugs and refused to get help, I'd kick him out too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I'd be calling social services. If he's telling the truth then he can be placed with a family that wants him there and can help him. If he's not then he's considered a runaway and needs help. Either way it helps him.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:52 AM on Oct. 14, 2009