Do you suffer from Facebook harassment??

My MIL does not work and has a lot of time.... She has discovered Facebook and found me, I have had an account for over a year, but really have little time or desire to logon. Her and her friends spend way too much time on there.... She'll send me a message basically telling me to accept her farm animals or wings or something that I find completely silly, she seems almost mad. I logged in and had like 60 messages and invites from her! I am in school and work at home...not on the forefront of my mind. She told my 8.5 year old to tell me to open up an account for him so she could send animals to him! Uggh. I am not setting up FB for my child, she is making me nuts with her FB obsession. Do you know anyone like this??

jalex

Asked by jalex at 6:39 AM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• guilty i have a facebook account, and am a stay at home mom. i'm on there 4-5 hours a day. i play the games and send lots of gifts only to my friends and family that has the same game as me, but i don't message them unless i have to. lol
    okc-mom-2

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 6:44 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• i always have farm invites and even posted i dont play them but still get them annoying lol
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 6:53 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I am on facebook but do not use it for gaming. only for communicating with my friends. sometimes people send me thngs like these but I just ignore them you can do the same.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:53 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I wouldn't have added her as a friend. I told my MIL my facebook was for friends and networking only. I have denied her friends request a few times ...I think she gets the hint.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Guilty I have become obsessed with facebook games. I'm currently unemployed and just recently discovered facebook and I am on it almost all day while everyone is at work or school. But I'm very careful only to send requests to my close friends. If they get annoyed they have to forgive me. lol
    gtaylor150

Answer by gtaylor150 at 8:27 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I use facebook, but I don't play the games. I have a lot of friends who do, and they don't pressure me to play.

I also have a lot of family on FB. I guess I'm lucky, my family and my in-laws are all great people.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 8:50 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I am on facebook. I looove it. At first I had a myspace that my teen DD's made for me and I thought it was much more fun than facebook. However I have since discovered the fun of facebook...it seems more like myspace for adults. I am 43 and have gotten in touch with sooo many of my childhood friends we are having a blast talking and catching up. We even meet for dinner the first Friday of each month. We are all attending our old high school football game this Friday. My girls think I am obsessed too lol. I do play farmtown...but that is all, and you do have the choice on whether or not you post crap about it on your wall...I don't. It is stupid to send farmtown animal gifts if the person you are sending them to doesn't even have a farm. Just be honest, tell her you are not interested but thank you anyway.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:08 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I love facebook but not I don't play the silly games either...well, Bejewled, but that's it. My husband does all the game stuff. Mafia Wars and Mouse hunt right now...I'm sure he will find a new one soon.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:15 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• yes, all my buds are facebook freaks, along with my hubby's coworker's wives. there aint no way in hell i'm gettin on there. especially my GF in West VA, she is big into silly games and forwarding emails. not for me.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:43 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• My computer is too slow to run half the games. It freezes Firefox if I try to play the Flash games :(
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:59 AM on Oct. 14, 2009