've been in hospital 4 5 days i gave birth by an operetion my mother never come n the father meaning i never told him that i was in hospital now he wants to see me he never support me in my prg stages do you think must i see him or not

am 20
student
i never grew up with a father
am depending on my grandmother

khutshu

Asked by khutshu at 7:00 AM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i think u should give him a chance but it is good to be independent and sometimes seeing ur baby will change a man...good luck
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 7:08 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Try to keep your emotions out of it until you have reason to trust him. There is no time like the present- and if he bails and doesn't decide to continue to see your baby, at least your baby isn't going to remember him or have any pain over losing him (other than the unavoidable questions as he gets older). Plus, if your child ever then seeks him out later in life, he can't tell your baby that you kept him from seeing him/her.
    Hopefully he'll man up. Either way, make sure you're getting childsupport!
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 7:40 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• U cant stop him from seeing his child an imo it would be very wrong if u try! He has a right to see him! Than if he decides he doesnt want to be in the babys life well than screw him!
    mommyof2boysmd

Answer by mommyof2boysmd at 9:57 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• He may decide once he sees this little one that he wants to be in the baby's life. Having both parents is important. When I found out I was pg and told my BF I gave him the chance then to get out and he stayed, thankfully! Give him a chance, even if you aren't together if he can be in the child's life that would be wonderful as long as it's positive, and the 2 of you can be civil with each other when it comes to raising this baby.
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 12:24 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Follow your heart, Hon!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 10:24 AM on Oct. 15, 2009