My 2 month Daughter fights her sleep like Crazy....

She will be fine all day or all night , then when she starts to get sleepy she crys and crys and crys, we have tried baths at night ,singing, rocking etc. she will fight her sleep until her eyes are red, we give her , her paci ,bottle she turns it all down she just crys, her eyes get really heavy and she Just fights it. I dont understand its just my husband and I . She's not missing anything if she goes to sleep. Does anyone know what im talking about? If so how did u fix this? or can it be fixed?

Mrs2009

Asked by Mrs2009 at 9:07 AM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son done the same we always gave him a little organic honey or syrup on his paci and he would always go to sleep
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 9:12 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• How is she sleeping during the day? Mine started this around 6 weeks and it ended up that she wasn't getting enough sleep during the day. An overly tired baby is MUCH more difficult to get to sleep than one who is well rested. Start putting her down for naps in her crib (I assume she has kind of been cat napping wherever she is up until this point)...two to three a day. Around this age they start becoming more aware of the world around them and often need the quiet of their own crib/room to sleep. Start a routine...nurse, rock, bed, whatever. It'll help get baby in the mood for sleep. Also - watch for cues. Mine used to rub her eyes and would begin looking away from you when you tried to engage her....If I waited until she was crying, it was already too late and we were in for issues. Good Luck.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 9:31 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Mine did the same the same at that age. He's almost 4 months now and does it on occasion. I asked my doctor about it and she just chuckled and said, "He doesn't want to miss anything!" My parents told me I was the same; I would fight and fight. The doc said he'd grow out of it. I would just try to make him as comfortable as possible, holding and rocking, singing, loving. Just had to make sure not to let my stress show because my son picks up on that very quickly. Good luck Momma!
    OhBaby1467

Answer by OhBaby1467 at 10:21 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Honey or syrup is setting up a really bad precedent.

You may be waiting too long....put baby down before she's really showing signs of being tired. the Weissbluth book on sleep is really helpful for babies this age.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:41 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• DON"T give her Honey!!! or Syrup !!
    She doesn't know that she won't be missing anything! to her, you are EVERYTHING and she wants to stay up to see you. My son fought sleep like that too. We had to tightly wrap him and rock or holding him - he fought the wrapping but it was also the only way he ended up faliing alseep, you can also try a swing. Dont worry about her getting TOO used to it, sometimes we all do what we need to do to get on to another stage.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:58 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• HONEY!!! Don't you know honey can kill an infant!!!

http://www.drgreene.com/21_825.html

Botulinum spores are found widely in soil, dust, and honey. Adults who swallow botulinum spores are almost never affected. When infants swallow the spores, however, the spores can germinate in their immature gastrointestinal tracts and begin producing botulinum toxin. This has occurred even when the honey was only used to sweeten a pacifier (European Journal of Epidemiology, Nov 1993

PLEASE stop this.

littleredpony

Answer by littleredpony at 11:56 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I Know not to give honey or syrup I would never.... I have tried the swing thats the only place she will sleep at night.
    Anonymous

• I Know not to give honey or syrup I would never.... I have tried the swing thats the only place she will sleep at night
    Mrs2009

Answer by Mrs2009 at 1:08 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I have been dealing w/ the same thing for 2 months w/ my 4 month old. She has finally stopped. But what I found w/ her was that she was not getting enough sleep during the day and I have also given her a knitted blanket which she loves when it is close to her face. She passes right out as soon as she has this. I will lay her down, she will cry immediately. As soon as she gets the blanket she is quiet and will go to sleep. Good luck!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 4:47 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• You know, if the swing is where she'll sleep, let her sleep in the darn swing! I am a fan of sleeping babies how ever you get them to sleep. I don't care if it's a swing, bouncy seat or what ever. First and for most they need sleep, yes they need to learn to sleep properly, in their own beds and such, but that ranks below the simple act of sleep. You need it just as much as she does!

Let her sleep in swing, but always give her the same "lovey". Do this for a couple of days, then try to slowly move her back to the crib with her lovey. Let her get almost asleep in the swing, then move her. Let her cry and fuss for at least 15 minutes before soothing her and then start all over. It can take a long time but you will get through this. Hang in there Mom!
    littleredpony

Answer by littleredpony at 12:53 PM on Oct. 16, 2009