How did you break the news to your husband and family?

Asked by Mommy2BeNBaby2 at 10:30 AM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• The first time I gave went to the store and bought a few pairs of pink and blue socks then mixed them and gave a pair to my husband. We then waited to tell the family on easter and took the rest of the baby sock and put them in an easter egg. This time, I just handed my husband the preg test as he knew I had gone upstairs to take it, I think he was relieved we didnt have to go through any more preg test...since we planned our preg. I was always extremely eager to see the results.

Answer by Anubis8733 at 10:34 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I was at my friends house when I found out with #1 and I just called DH because I was to excited to wait, but how we told the family was we found out the day before fathers day(I know I should have waited till then to tell DH), but for his parents and mine, we signed the card with our names and then we put and Baby. It took my MIL a while to get it. With #2 I just knew I was preggo so I took a test before DH went to work, and it was positive, but he said he didn't see the line because it was so faint. So I made an excuse to come to his work. I left our son with him and told him I had to go to the bathroom. I took the test into the bathroom, and waited for it to come back positive again, and then I took it and layed it on his desk. I went straight over to the doctors and had them confirm it, I was so hysterical, because our son was only 6 months old, that they called my mom to get her to talk to me and settle me down, and that is how she found out.

Answer by mamashearer at 10:35 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• i found out the day before fathers day, so i called my dad for fathers day and said that i had a present for him but he'd have to wait 8 more months to get it. "oh ok, thats fine. did you have to order it?" and i said "yeahhhh.. something like that." .. "well thats fine, dont worry about it, but ill be excited to..wait a second..8 i get a grandbaby??!!?"

Answer by AnnaVictoria at 10:48 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• for my husbands mom - she loves to make quilts and was going to make hubby a new one ever since we got married. so we went to her house for dinner, and he said, "so hows the progress on my quilt coming?" .. "well, i actually havent started it because ive been busy with work, but im getting to it!" and he said "well, just for that, you have to make an extra!" .. "well alright, what colors do you want on the extra?" and he said "im not sure yet, but ill let you know in another 8 months" she just dropped her jaw and said... "youre kidding me." and then started jumping up and down. this is her first grandbaby so she was really excited! :)

• I just told my husband. He usually knew thanks to the morning sickness...I let my mother see me in fat clothes. She is is usally not happy about things and we were not close even though we see each other often. The rest of the family s he took care of!

Answer by lawandapam at 10:49 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• our 1st was unexpected - i came out of the bathroom crying (my mum had passed a month before, so it was a lot of information to handle) and when i finally got the news out to my DH he was bouncing off the walls. he told his family and then i reluctantly told my family after i was 4 months (one of my sisters was preg and i didn't want to steal her thunder)...we haven't told anyone about #2 yet, but for family in the area, we'll be getting a t-shirt for #1 with "only child" crossed out and "big brother" under it...and for friends and the rest of family not in the area, i have a cute little powerpoint riddle/rhyme put together that i'll be emailing everyone.

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I sent my husband a telegram. He was on a trip 12000 miles from home. He did not know until many years later that I called my sister and my mother before I told him. The last one...he said "I think you're prego" I have PCOD and I said yeah right... did the test..he just graduated from college last year.

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I think it's so funny that everyone is saying that they found out right around Father's Day, that's when I found out too!! And I also have PCOD... I was told I would not be able to have children. Well, 2 months after I met my husband, with 3 ovarian cysts, hormone therapy and birth control, I got pregnant! When I told my dr. that we wanted to try for another one he told me not to get discouraged if it took a long time, with my health conditions it would likely be years of trying. Well, after one month of taking Clomid to regulate my cycle, pregnant again!! :)

Answer by Mommy2BeNBaby2 at 1:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I put the test in a plastic baggy and wrapped it up and gave it to my husband.

Answer by bumpfashion at 3:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• My husband told me to get a test because I was pregant. lol. When we told our parents we had our 2 year old color (scribble) on a coloring page with 2 mice playing. Put his name on the one who looked older and baby on the other and then on the bottom on the page we put "by big brother to be". Took both sides of the family to relized what we were trying to say.

Answer by megan1977 at 12:55 AM on Jun. 25, 2008