My dd keeps itching the back of her neck...

She's 4 months. There isn't a rash or bumps or anything, just redness from her itching it...I've tried aquaphor but it doesn't seem to help...any ideas? She just keeps reaching back there and scratching...

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 9:11 AM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try the cortozone ten cream my son has exsama on the back of his legs and always itches it and i put that on and it stops or try baby exsama cream from walmart in the baby isle it is a disney product it is very good also
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 9:13 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• protrolum jelly, mabe its just dry skin or the hair on her head could be making it itch
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:27 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• My son scratches his ears a lot, he has exima , (spelled wrong hope you get the idea). Sometimes he doesn't have anything there either, not even when he has a full body break out, I have has several meds from the doctor before finding one that works, it is a body oil called Fluocinolone Acetonide 0.01% of Derma-smoothe/fs. Don't let the name scare you its wonderful. Ask your doctor if your daughter has the condition my son has, if so ask for this oil as you can only get by rx, You won't regret using it. It is even safe to use in the hair if she gets really bad cradle cap.
    Gaugesmom20

Answer by Gaugesmom20 at 9:37 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• My daughter is always scratching at her ears, back of her head, and neck. She's now taken to scratching her feet, her tummy and her junk. She also scratches me and everything else she touches. She's particularly fond of the bills on hubby's hats (they've all got scratch marks now). She's got nothing wrong with her, she just likes her new arm waving, hand scratching skills. If you notice any bumps, swelling, bruising, or bleeding, I'd call the pedi but for now she might just like testing her newfound ability. :)

ktok2009

Answer by ktok2009 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• ktot2009 I think you might be right - now that I think about it she also likes to "scratch" her toys and her boppy and the couch, etc...I will keep an eye on it but I think you're on to something! :)
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 1:36 PM on Oct. 14, 2009