Why DIDN'T you vote for Obama?

I'll provide the antithesis question... = )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Because I love freedom..................
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• First off I am a conservative..although its so bad imo that I can even say id rather have Clinton ;p

During my research there was TON about Obama that made me uneasy as hell..his voting record for one..just to break it down without going detail by detail..his ideals are not my ideals by far..and add in there his tendency to be late for important meetings and such..

and of course the company he has kept..and it isnt just one or two shadys its a load...

What exactly did he do for Chicago? ...

He was a senator (who skipped voting mostly) and most of that time he spent campaigning for the presidency...no real experiance

I could go on and on but thats good enough I guess
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:34 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• His previous associations, his work with Acorn, he stated he wanted to redistribute wealth, his views on single payor healthcare, his insistance that we don't drill or mine for coal, His thoughts on climate change and the fact that he seems not to care that his stated solutions to these will cause Americans to pay more for everything and he doesn't believe in tax cuts across the board.I could keep going but I'll just say in general I don't believe in any of the things or the methods that liberals believe can make a better America. Never worked before and it's obvious that they don't work now.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:45 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Because I read his website.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:47 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Because he chose Joe Biden for running mate.

I was thinking about voting for him, his message of "change" sounded so good. When he chose Biden, I knew there would be more change, just more of the same. I was right.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:51 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Joe Biden
    Rev Wright (how he can sit under a racist pastor for 20 years if he is not a racist is beyond me)
    His lack of experience (only been a US Senator 2 years and ran for office the entire time he was a state Sentator but his voting record was very sketchy)

The fact he has stated for years he want Universal Health Coverage.
    His stance on Abortion.
    His stance on the military.
    The fact he lies more than any politician I have seen and I know they all lie.
    He is a lot like Jimmy Carter one of the worst Presidents we have had in recent times.
    I didn't drink the Kool aide he was passing out. :0)

Those are just a few reasons.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I was chilled by the abortion votes that he participated in...I am conservative/Libertarian and none of his views coincide with mine...he has had dealings with nefarious characters and won't fess up to it...his wife was an admitted racist...she hates whites....I read her college paper...I found so many things disturbing about this first family - that I don't know how any "good" person could have voted for him...the Obama Youth...argh...I could go on forever...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Because I have about as much applicable job experience as he does.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:11 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• He did not have the experience I thought was needed to guide us through our economic mess or to protect our foreign interests. Honestly, I think he would make a great neighbor- he is interesting to listen to, has a great sense of humor, great family- the whole package, but that is not what I was looking for in a President. I also read one of his books and felt like he over identifies with his racial background. I always think it is not a good thing to over identify with one aspect of who you are- race, gender, sexual preference, religion.....As President you serve all.
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 10:13 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Because he had every intention of doing what he said he was going to do.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:42 AM on Oct. 14, 2009