How do you get rid of fruit flies???

They are driving me NUTS!!!!!
At work I might add!
They are everywhere in this office!
Everytime one comes by, I clap my hands together trying to smash it and the guys say, "2 points for you" so this goes on everyday!

JLynn0871

Asked by JLynn0871 at 9:30 AM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOL...Do you have a plant like an ivy growing near you or do you have fruit, trash, something that will attract them they are very nasty creatures they just love the smelly trash and old stuff like the sitting water with a plant. Just make sure you clean everything around you or just have some OFF or Raid and start spraying away...that a'll teach em". I hope it clears up bc they are very annoying. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:34 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• There is nothing that should be attracting them here. I have 2 plants but I rarely ever water them (bad me) I have been eating fruit but I am eating it and not leaving anything inside.
    They are in everyones office.
    One guy said because we have had so much rain?? Whatever buddy! Ok. LOL
    Anyway, I Googles it and Basil seems to be the trick. So, I will get a basil plant to go on my desk.
    Thanks!
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 9:41 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I put a little apple cider vinegar in a cup with a few drops of dish soap. The vinegar attracts them and the soap makes it so they cant fly away and they die. I have this set up in my kitchen right now. I have no fruit out or trash in the kitchen (i put it outside) and its slowly getting rid of them
    kitten914612

Answer by kitten914612 at 12:58 PM on Oct. 14, 2009