What are some things you've learned from your experiences here on CafeMom?

I have learned not to ask a question unless you want an honest answer, lol! These ladies do not hold back. Tough love abounds here on CM. I have also learned that if you don't have anything pertinent to say, it is best just to keep your mouth shut and your fingers still. I have learned there is lot of ingnorance still in this world, no matter how far we've come over the years. I have learned there is always "one" in a crowd, lol, define that as you see fit. I have learned that there are a lot of women on here that I like better than those I know IRL. I have learned that there is at least one day out of every week that I'm going to hate this place so much I swear I'm never coming back. This has also helped me realize one infallible truth............Every time I am on CM there is a baby waiting nearby for the five seconds in which he might be able to sneak in a couple of taps on the keyboard.

WindyTheWidow

Asked by WindyTheWidow at 9:37 AM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I agree with all you said!!

I'd also say that as a mother of 3 sons ages 17, 20 & 27, I've learned a lot from the younger moms. I've learned about what kind of mother in law I want to be, as well as grandparent. I've learned it isn't going to be easy because what one young woman wants in a mil and grandparent is so different from what another wants. I've learned that once people make up their minds how they feel about something they often have a very difficult time seeing another side. I've learned how much values and goals change over the years, and that we all struggle with something. I've learned that when my kids say "no one else's mom makes them do that" they are wrong, and that I'm not the only one who thinks my kids are pretty special......or whose kids challenge them everyday!! I've learned that we all live our lives so differently, but the same.

I've learned that as women we still really need each other!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:52 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I agree with everything you said, too, Ohwrite!
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:58 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• And I agree w/everything YOU BOTH said! It's a great site if you can get past the haters...
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 11:29 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• There are a lot of people using assistance!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 1:21 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• nothing. its entertainment when work is slow. I'm about to go on maternity leave so I am not picking up any new projects and have wrapped up most of my old. so it can be REALLY slow some days and there are so many - how to say it? stupid people? on here that make me laugh when I'm bored...
    KatieP.

Answer by KatieP. at 2:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2009