What do u think of moms who say they're only sahms becuz they supposedly can't afford daycare?

If u find the right one it's not that expensive u know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• you sound jealous. really, who cares about why other moms stay at home? worry about yourself. are you forced to work? poor you. that sux. haha
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 10:00 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Are we gonna be this dead horse again
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 10:00 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• *beat
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 10:01 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• once you add gas and other expenses it can add up and not make any sense.....if you make $300/week and pay $200 for daycare, $20 for gas, $25 for lunches...you end up with $55 to your advantage.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:03 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Well I think it's none of your business. And beyond that, I feel bad for them. I am personally having to pull my daughter from daycare because I am not making enough to pay for daycare.

I am paying for full time care, but I am subbing and only able to work two days a week because of my work for my MA is taking a lot of time and my daughter has therapy two days a week. In addition, there are so many subs that I have trouble finding work on the days that I am available (like today). I'd really like to keep working, my daughter loves daycare and I love subbing, but I am simply not making enough money to make the situation work.

So I will be pulling her out until the fall, when I student teach, then hopefully I will be able to keep working at that point.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 10:04 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I think if they choose to stay home they should make sure they can afford it. I don't think families with SAHM's should recieve any assistance unless mom is actually disabled. If the family is low income maybe help them with daycare but they should both be working if they cannot pay their own way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I have 4 little ones and theres no point in me working because my whole check would go to daycare. Why would I work so some stranger could watch my children. Before you ask a question like this I think you should consider why we are stay at home moms. Why work if you don't have to?
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 10:07 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• If your take home pay is equal to the cost of daycare, I would say it is a good idea to just be a SAHM. OR if you are determined to get out of the house, then I guess you can just keep on paying for day care and keep your eye out for a better paying job. WHo are we to judge? Its up to each Mom to decide what is best.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:07 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Anon 06-I think if they choose to stay home they should make sure they can afford it. I don't think families with SAHM's should recieve any assistance unless mom is actually disabled. If the family is low income maybe help them with daycare but they should both be working if they cannot pay their own way.

It's a no win situation.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 10:11 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I had to resign the best job ever to stay home with my son. My husband has a very high demanding job. I'm lucky to be a stay at home mom. I would rather watch my child grow and learn around me, it's a wonderful feeling and I want miss a thing. it's the hardest job ever!!!! LOL....
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 10:12 AM on Oct. 14, 2009