Really tender spot

I'm 39.5 weeks and due to be induced on Friday. Since yesterday morning I have had this really really tender spot just to the right of my belly button. I mean it HURTS if anything puts the slightest bit of pressure on it. Yesterday, my belly and side hurt all day but this morning its just that spot. It also hurts if I take a deep breath. Has anyone else had this? Should I call the dr and ask them or just wait until friday?

abbynzachsmommy

Asked by abbynzachsmommy at 10:09 AM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had that too with one of my pregnancies. It HURT like crazy. I just chalked it up to the baby had bruised me from the inside. If you are very worried you should call the doc. I do think that you should be fine though.
    If the spot gets red, hot to the touch or has red streaks radiating from it then those things are cause for concern and then you should go to the ER. But if it is just uncomfortable you should be ok. Our bodies do weird things when we are pregnant.
    Good luck on Friday... I had two perfectly lovely inductions btw. :D
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:52 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• You can always call the doctor's office. That's what they are getting paid the big bucks for. Could be where the baby has put pressure or kicked?

Don't do the induction just because it is close to your due date. Inductions should only be done if the life of the mother or baby is in danger. Labor with an induction is much worse and you put yourself and your baby at risk of needless complications.

Babies come when they are ready.

Here is an information sheet about the hazards of inductions. Make sure you make an informed choice.

http://www.daraluznetwork.com/CIMSinduct-fact-sheet.pdf
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:33 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• This is an elective induction and my 2nd. My first went beautifully and my dr says there's no reason this one won't as well. I have my reasons, and they won't change. Now to my original question...

I am asking here because I dont like calling the dr for every little thing, so I was wondering if anyone else here had dealt with this first.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:35 AM on Oct. 14, 2009