Lower Abs

What's a good way to work your lower abs or to tone them? I can get my middle and upper abs with my crunches but not my lower.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Lay on your back with a small playground size ball between your ankles- legs are straight. Make sure your lower back is firm into the floor and abs are tight. Inhale-slowly lower your legs toward the mat. STOP WHEN YOUR LOWER BACK WANTS TO ARCH OR LIFT OFF THE FLOOR! Exhale- pull you legs back up towards the ceiling. Repeat.
    Same position as above: Lower legs 2 inches away from you. Exhale pull straight legs towards your head(imagine you can kiss your knees). Keep the shoulders down and relaxed.
    You can also do these with a large exercise ball.
    FitnessMomLV

Answer by FitnessMomLV at 12:56 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I have been looking for a solution to my lower abs for years, the one thing that effects them the most is what I don't eat. If I eat red meats my lower abs bulge this also happens if I eat carbs, so these foods are very much restricted in my diet. I think one of the most important things any individual can do is to be aware of how the foods you eat effect your body. I have been exercising for years and this is the only thing along with regular lower ab work which has helped. I have learned to face that fact that I was not created to have a flat belly no matter how hard I work, so I do what I can. :(

Peace, <><

Peace, <>
    JoyceTN

Answer by JoyceTN at 10:24 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Reverse crunches and hanging leg lifts will help you hit the lower abs, but if your goal is to SEE them then it's really going to be about diet and exercise to bring your body fat down low enough for them to become visible... NO amount of sit ups will EVER help you lose weight around your abs. You can't "spot reduce" areas of your body.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 1:49 AM on Oct. 15, 2009