Have you ever known anyone who always complained about something bad about themselves but doesnt do anything to improve it.

Like if they complain they are fat but doesnt diet or excercise. I hate that. I am on the chunky ass side but dont complain about it. I try to do something about it eventhough I fall off the wagon a lot.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Omy, yes! That was my mother. She complained for years and years about my dad, about her job, about everything. I finally told her to shut up for fix it! She did. She left my dad and moved halfway across the US. At least she's happy now.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:55 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• yes, i have. its really annoying.
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 10:40 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I know some people who complain about their situation all the time but do nothing to change it...even though they have had so many opportunities.

abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:41 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• haha i do it....its hard not to be upset about having the extra belly, and its darn hard not to grab a snack when the kiddos are gettin one. but i'm not one to go around fishing for compliments with my complaints. i complain more to myself. so ya there ya go, what good does that do huh? i've recently become a stay at home mom, so i dont get as much exercise as i did when i was working, at least it doesnt feel like it. During the summer i walked a lot, but now that its gettin cold and raining a lot......well we'll see.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:43 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Yeah but it doesnt bother me. Its their life. It doesnt really affect me directly. I like being acknowleged myself so I try to acknowlegede them and be helpful.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:48 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I thought this was called human nature... or is that just me? Ha!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 10:59 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I see it in at least every third or fourth post on this site. Mom's complaining about the lack of help their husbands provide, the fact that their kids are picky eaters yet they cater to their whims, or moms whose kids are little hellions but they make excuse after excuse as to why a certain form of punishment won't work. Yep, see it all the time.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 11:25 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I have a friend who is driving me CRAZY with this. His girlfriend cheats on him, dissapears for days at a time, drinks like a fish and steals money from him. He bitches about it CONSTANTLY, but he still "dates" her, lets her stay with him when she's around, buys her clothes and gives her money whenever she needs it. Finally today I told him if I hear her name again I'm going to freak.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 11:28 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Some people complain on here, a site for women and MOMS because they don't have anyone else to talk to. Maybe they are looking for support that they aren't receiving elsewhere. Its hard to get motivated for some people. I'm overweight, and I take medication that attributes to that. It ticks me off that its so hard to lose weight. Everyone has something they complain about that they can't do a thing about. Like complaining about a selfish husband. Just what are you supposed to do to him to "fix" him? There is no clear cut answer to everyone's problems or we wouldn't be on here bitching about it. Some things you can't help no matter what someone tells you "you need to do" to fix it.
    kbates1208

Answer by kbates1208 at 11:43 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Kbates, I totally agree. Good answer. I also know people who complain but don't do anything but I just consider it to be part of their journey. When they are ready, miserable enough, they will do what they can or what they have too.
    I personally have done this, I think most of us have. I complained about my ex for three years before I was able to gather the strength to leave for good. I complain about gaining weight but eat the junk.
    Some people don't even know they are like this.
    I like this question OP cuz it actually made me think and look at myself, thank you:)
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 11:55 AM on Oct. 14, 2009