Did any one see the dugger homebirth last night on TV--what are you views on homebirths?

Well I saw the Anna and Josh Dugger homebirth last night on tv, what did you think? I had terrible birth experiences the babys got stuck and it was hell, not homebirth material I guess!! Do you think it is irresponsible of networks to show homebirths?? They never show one that did not go as planned do they? What does everyone else think, has one else had a homebirth??

No bashing lets have a civil, fun, meeting of the minds here--Thanks.

blue_glass_mama

Asked by blue_glass_mama at 10:47 AM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think if it is what a family chooses than that is great. As long as baby is healthy, and mom is safe through it.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 10:52 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I have no issues with it as long as there are trained professionals and necessary equipment there to make sure mom and baby will be OK if a problem does arise. If I hadn't been in a hospital with my first, he wouldn't have made it.
    LuvMyBoyzz

Answer by LuvMyBoyzz at 10:54 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Homebirths are done all the time in Europe, and they always have a doctor on call ready to go if necessary. I would not personally choose it, but I think if the baby and the mom are healthy, go for it. I have seen (on a European show) a homebirth that went wrong, where the paramedics had to come and bring the mom to the hospital because the heartrate was dropping. Everything came out fine in the end.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 11:03 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Well, considering that what are now considered homebirths were tradition 50-100 years ago, I'm all for them. Women have been having babies since forever and I don't see why it's so out of the norm to have a homebirth.

Oh, and just so you know, very few homebirths go extremely wrong.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:03 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I wish my husband would go for a homebirth. Hospitals actually can be more dangerous if you take in the whole picture--- better in a risk/emergency situation, but not in a standard, everyday type of delivery. Unfortunately my hubby works in medicine and generally speaking, he makes the medical choices (I make other choices- just how things generaly work with us).
    Oh well. I'm only 7 weeks pregnant right now, so I'll start working on him again.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 11:12 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I would never want a homebirth, but that's every womans personal choice. I don't see anything wrong with the networks showing a homebirth (with discretion). It can be educational, and it's sure more approriate than what some networks air. I havn't seen the episode yet, it's on dvr waiting for me this weekend:)
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 11:12 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Her pregnancy seemed uneventful. I have always wanted a out of a ordinary birth. I wanted to do a water birth so bad. Sadly I am too high risk when I am pregnant to do that. I guess in a way I am jealous of her. lol
    sweetpea532

Answer by sweetpea532 at 11:16 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I would never choose to do an at home birth, EVER, but some women do, no biggie either way
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:29 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Anna Duggar did a TV show of her homebirth??? Omg, looks like they're gonna follow in mom and dad duggar's footsteps and try and cash in on just being normal people. How pathetic.

As for homebirths....more power to you. I never had the desire but my mom had my middle brother at home. I just felt safer smothered with professionals. LOL
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:41 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Being an NICU nurse for 30 years, and caring for the sickest of the sick, I am anti homebirth. In an emergency, seconds matter (not minutes), and home situations generally lack those resources.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:41 AM on Oct. 14, 2009