How do you make spaghetti squash?

Using butternut squash I had some before and it was so good

amommy2a2yrold

Asked by amommy2a2yrold at 10:52 AM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Cut it in half lengthwise and turn it upside down on an oiled pan. Bake it in the oven, not sure what temp. Rake it out with a fork when tender and done.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 11:19 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• giggling a little over here. not sure of what you are asking. because....there is a squash variety called " spaghetti squash". and when you remove the spaghetti appearing meat inside of the gourd and cook it, it tastes like a butternut but retains it's spaghetti like texture.
    so my answer is...you cannot make it. you have to basically find a spaghetti squash and cook it.
    unless of course there is some crazy recipe out there called spaghetti squash made with a true butternut squash. if you have a farmer's market close by they may have a few, they are in season now. oh, and they don't look like a butternut squash on the outside.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:11 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• She's right. They are two different kinds of squash. Here is how I like them.

Spaghetti squash - cook like the label on the squash says. Fork the strands of squash into a bowl mix with a little olive oil and a lot of parmesan cheese OR mix with warm marinara and parmesan cheese. You can add things like pizza toppings - onions, green peppers, bits of meat, ect.

Butternut squash - cook like the label on the squash says. You should have 2 halves with bowls. Fill the bowl with melted butter and brown sugar. I know - I just turned a healthy food bad.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:21 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I've never had a label on a squash tell me how to cook it

we put our spaghetti squash in a plastic grocery bag in the microwave for ten minutes
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:56 PM on Oct. 14, 2009