How many cousins do you have?

Just bored, lol.

I have 40 cousins. 5 on my dad's side and 35 on my mom's side.
Most of them are a lot older then me. I'm the 2nd youngest on my dad's side (my brother being youngest). And there are only like 3 younger then me on my mom's side (including my brother). My mom was 3rd youngest of 11 kids and didn't have me until she was 28. Most of my cousins were teens when I was born. Actually some of them have kids that are older then me, lol. I always loved coming from a big family.

(between me and my cousins there were 64+ great-grandkids for my mom's parents...I'm not sure the full total because I don't know how many kids some of my cousins have, and some of those kids have kids of their own)

justanotherjen

Asked by justanotherjen at 11:17 AM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Too darn many. I think the last time we counted just 1st cousins at our reunion back in 2006 it was around 70ish, I think. Both mom and dad's side are HUGE. My parents had 5 kids. My mom is 1 of 9 and my dad is also 1 of 9. My aunts and uncles also continued the large family tree. Some aunts and uncles have between 2-4, but most have 5-8 kids.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 12:15 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I have 39 cousins total, and my parents have 5 kids together. My mom has 8 brothers and my dad has 5 sisters, all of them have at least one kid. I was the first one of my generation to have a baby (16 months ago) and since then 4 of my cousins have had babies and one is pregnant. And I only have three cousins that are older than me..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Not a clue.. I haven't met most of them. It's been years since I've seen any family other than my own children and Hubby...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:27 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• First cousins?

I have 5 on my mom's side and 15 on my dad's side. But my dad had 3 half brothers, and I'm not sure how many kids they each had. Plus, a lot of the couisins on my dad's side are a lot older than me and some have kids around my age... And then we have the cousins from the "double cousins". My grandmother and her sister married my grandfather and his brother. Their children were double cousins.

I have a HUGE family on my dad's side.

And then I consider DH's family my own and his family is really big on both sides.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 11:29 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• smileLOL! I think is over sixty - first cousins, my mom has 8 brothers and sisters,my dad had 10! ... my aunts and uncles from both sides have  lots of kids,too many!   :)

annyPG

Answer by annyPG at 11:33 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I have 2 on my dad's side and 9 on my mom's side. But most of those now have kids and I cannot keep up with those anymore.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 11:38 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I think I counted 10, possibly 11. I am the youngest of 10 kids, I have MANY neices and nephews, and they have many kids too. I think that it is funny that my nephew's daughter is a week older than my son! My oldest sister is 55, and I am 39, so I was an aunt at 4 years of age!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 11:44 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I have none, 0, zip. Never had any.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:47 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Holy hellllllllll, this mexican has a big family ! :P

I can't tell you, too many... ouch
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 11:55 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• 21 cousins.
    19 on my father's side.
    2 on my mother's side.
    Anonymous