What could be wrong with her shoulder?

Almost 2 weeks ago my DD who's 15 was at the doctors with my mom & dad because she stayed with them for the weekend. My 230 lbs dad leaned his weight on my DD should totally not realizing how heavy he is compared to her. I didnt tell him that this happened because he would be upset at him self and my DD feels bad because he didnt mean to hurt her but ever since her shoulder has been hurting her really bad when she moves it certain ways especially when shes trying to sleep, what do you think is wrong & what should i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• use and ice pack too, dont use heat because if there is inflamation the heat will make it worse. maybe think about taking her to the chiropractor. i had to go for my knees and there is nothing wrong with my knees, they hurt because i have scoliosis. anyway, if anything got knocked out of place or if she does have a pinched nerve the chiropractor will fix it. i have 2 and they are much better since going to the chiropractor.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:30 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• ooops* use AN icepack too...
    mandielynn23

• What did doctor say about her arm? It sure could be a pinched nerve. I've had that in my back. If she's allowed to take Advil liquid gelcaps or Excedrin Back and Body both are great for body pain.

But be careful, you give her that if doctor oks, too much can cause breathing and throat swelling. That happened to me, very scary and I had to do with it til it was out of my system.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:32 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• She could have a dislocated shoulder or something wrong with her collar bone or rotar cuff. She needs to have xrays or an mri to find out if something is really wrong and needs to be corrected. Take her to the doctor or the ER.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:08 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• i agree w/ tyfry, take her to the ped. they will prob x-ray her, if nothing is broken then probably physical therapy, unless the doc thinks its a tear then maybe they'll do an MRI. if she cant move her arm around or above her head it could be a rotator cuff tear.
    Anonymous

• Take her to the doctor. If you don not want to go to the doctor, I would give her ibuprofen and apply "Icy Hot" or "Bengay" sort of cream on the affected areas.

I hurt my shoulder a while back and that is what I did. It will take some time before it heals.

Have her sleep on her side with a pillow between her knees . This position helped me a lot.
    Anonymous

• My DH slipped on the rocks at the beach this summer and tore his rotator cuff. She should get an MRI if it doesn't feel better soon. He will need surgery and the DR. said NOT to wait.
    dflygirl7

Answer by dflygirl7 at 7:52 AM on Oct. 16, 2009