Pot Roast?

Anyone have any good recipe ideas for Pot Roast? I have a beautiful roast in the fridge and have never cooked one before, that is dh's specialty! :)

emnasmom

Asked by emnasmom at 11:39 AM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I am making a pot roast myself tonite. Here is how I make it-

Season with pepper and garlic powder. Place in the bottom of a roasting pan, surround with whatever veggies you want. Mix together in bowl- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 can tomato soup, half a can of water, and a pack of Lypton's onion soup mix. Pour over roast and veggies. Bake at 350 for one hour and then turn the oven down to 325 and bake for another 2-2.5 hrs or until fork tender. Check every 30-45 mins- add more water as needed.

This makes a yummy- yankee style pot roast.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 11:48 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• i cooked on last night, it it was not as tender as i wanted it to be. I put mine in the crock pot w/ oniond gralic & carrots. Added a jar of gravy, a can of beer (or soda). And let it sit all day. It may have ben the cut of meat i used...don't know. Oh yeah, i seered it first. Supposed to lock in the juices making it more tender. Here is Paula Dean's recipe...i want ot make hers next.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/pot-roast-recipe/index.html

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:49 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I use Adolphs Meat Tenderizer. Once it thaws, sprinkle the tenderizer on it, get a fork and poke it all over to make sure the tenderizer is in. I cut up fresh garlic (a whole one), 5 carrots, 5 celery stalks, an onion, a green pepper and put it all into a deep casseroll dish. Then I put liptons onion soup mix on top of all of it. Cover and cook it for about an hour or 2. Its delish!! Good Luck
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 12:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• the key to making your roast tender and juicy on the inside is browning the outside. it's really a step you should NOT forget to do! season the outside of it, and then sear it in a hot skillet- just until you no longer see pink on the outside. then stick it in the crock pot or put it in the oven in a roasting pan and cook as usual.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 1:57 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• This is my family's fav slow cooker roast

http://daniellecooks.wordpress.com/2009/09/19/crock-pot-beef-provencial/

French influenced flavors are EASY.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:42 PM on Oct. 14, 2009