Is swine flu affecting you?

Wondering who has had or personally knows s omeone who has had the flu. How bad was it? Were you vaccinated? ( I think people have started getn vaccine, but not sure) Anyway just wondering how the flu is affecting people.

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 11:47 AM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• NO not yet *KNOCK ON WOOD*
    I don't want it too either, tg my kids don't go to school.
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 11:50 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• NOT getting the vaccine , I don't know its affects on pregnant women,
    I don't want to harm the baby or myself frankly. ;)
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 11:51 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• wasn't going to get the vacine anyway. My son had it last week (confirmed by a test). It was not as bad as the regular flu for him. I took him to the doctor right away and they gave him Tamaflu. I had either it or the regular flu (no test done)and i was worse off b/c i was already suffering from a bad head cold and ear infection.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 11:59 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• my family just got over the swine flu (we all have left over coughs) we were not vaccinated...i had it, my 9 month old had it and my 3 year old had it, i think my husband just had a mild form of it because he didnt get as bad as us but im pretty sure he brought it home from work with him. my babies had 103 degree fevers for 5 days and tylenol only got them down to 101.i didnt get that high of a fever, but i had a sore throat, headache, cough and runny/stuffed up nose, and i felt very nauseous. my kids were very lethargic and slept almost all day every day. they also had a cough and runny noses and my 3 year old was complaining of a belly ache. i felt sooo bad for them, because there was nothing i could do. im sooo happy we are finally over it!
    aguerra13

Answer by aguerra13 at 12:02 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Nobody I know has been affected. We are not getting that flu shot.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:45 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• No one I know has had swine flu. I've had a cold for the last few weeks but nothing out of the ordinary. We're not getting the shot (we don't get the regular flu shot either). My kids have never had the flu and rarely get sick. We'll just deal with it if we get it (if anyone would get it would probably be me since I always seem to get the flu). My dad had to get the shot because his immune system is shot. He had pneumonia years ago and ever since then any time he gets even a little cold he is sick for months and if he gets the flu he could end up in the hospital. He almost died of the pneumonia and he was in his early-50s at the time.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• yes, my son had it.
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 1:34 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Not my family, although we've been sharing a cold that won't end....grrrrr.
    I haven't heard anything about our community on the news, either.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:38 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• a little girl 10 years old just died of it here in grovetown, Ga
    Anonymous

• My 6 mos. old daughter had it. I believe my husband and I had a very mild case. She was sick for 1 week with a really high fever but she did not need to be hospitalized nor was her case that seriou. People are overreacting about this
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:56 PM on Oct. 14, 2009