Do you or your husband/SO have a weird work schedule?

For example, my Husband's weekend is in the middle of the week now..it's so weird having Him home during the week, but nice! Still weird, though. =P

ajtherad

Asked by ajtherad at 11:47 AM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes. My husband and I are both paramedics. He work's 24 hour shifts... so he works 24 hours on 48 hours off. He also teaches paramedic classes on his days off (4-5 a month). I work part time around his scheduled days so that way we do not have to pay for day care. It is crazy but it works for us and keeping our kids home with us is well worth it!
    Mommy_Foster

Answer by Mommy_Foster at 4:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Sometimes, yes ! I'd like to slap his boss lol
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 11:49 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• My boyfriend works seconds 4 days a wk so I only see him for a quick lunch break on those days, but he is with us all weekend..except he stays on work schedule so he sleeps til 11 am. The sleeping in is a little annoying lol I have to remind myself he isnt being lazy..that is jsut his schedule.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:50 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• My dh is self employed and is at his office all the damn time. But when he was working for someone else he worked weekdays and I worked weekends. We rarely saw each other...

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:57 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I have a wierd work schedule. I work for a firefighter as a nanny for her kids. I work 2 12-hr days, then have 6 days off. Before their divorce was finalized I was working my 2 day shifts plus any mornings when the kids went to school so she could drive the 9 year old to his school in a different town, except her night shift days because they were with their father. Very confusing, but easy for me and her to figure out!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 12:08 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• My Hubby works away from home a month at a time. I don't ever know the exact day he will be home. When he is home it's usually for a couple weeks but it makes it so hard to let him go again... I guess it's not really crazy, just not easy. I am thankful he's self employed, working, and he makes an awesome living for us.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• yes!! DH gets up for work at midnight and is home by 11. and he is only off on wednesdays and sundays. No holidays off!! UGH i hate it sometimes
    mommy-

Answer by mommy- at 12:16 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• 7pm to 7am, 5-6 days a week. We never know if he's working day 5 & 6 until about an hour before he has to go in. It's made family time and kids birthday party planning very difficult.
    Anonymous

• I work 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and my husbands new job, he'll be in training 7 a.m. til 4 p.m. but he has to go out of town for 4 weeks during the week and be home the weekends... After that he'll be working either 3-11 p.m. or 11 to 7 a.m.
    Anonymous

• My husband works Mon-Thurs from 9:30-6, hes off on Fridays, works Sat from 7:30-4 and is off on Sunday! Every guy he works with has a different schedule, he doesn't have the same schedule as anyone else. I think its goofy!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 12:24 PM on Oct. 14, 2009