NAMES???

okay... I am only 17 weeks along BUT I am already trying to decide on a name... HELP!! lol

Sophie Jade
Dylan (boy or girl)
Gavin Blake

I am totally open to any suggestions. I had my heart set on Gavin Blake for a boy and Sophie Jade for a girl but my family hates the name Sophie.

Gigi76825

Asked by Gigi76825 at 11:50 AM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I like Jack for a boy
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:51 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Malia for a girl is cute (like maria, but Ma-leah)
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:52 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Rule number 1 in baby names....Do not, I repeat, DO NOT share them with your family. You really don't need to please 15 people with YOUR baby name, you need to please yourself and the baby's father. No matter what name you come up with, someone in your family will have gone to highschool with a bitch that had your favorite baby name. You can not please everyone, keep the name a secret...sure, its fun to talk about on CM, mostly because you can bounce around ideas and get opinions that don't really matter, kwim? Pick a name that YOU love, when everyone in your family has babies of their own, THEY can pick names that THEY love. Seriously. Sophie is very pretty, if you love it that is all that matters.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:55 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• My new favorite girl name is Julia =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I agree with gram just don't tell them what you are going to name your kiddo. I made that mistake too and most of my family said our choices were icky. We both love classical music and were thinking of using names of our favorite composers but the family had a fit. Now we wish we would have not said anything till it was too late.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 12:02 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I am only 12 weeks and have both a girl and a boy name picked out. My DH doesn't care what i pick so i am lucky there. I really like the name Sophie Jade, would your husband compromise with Sophia Jade? I like Dominic or Donovan for boys names. Donovan Blake
    Anonymous

• Thank you everyone for your help!! I should have know the answer to that already cause I did the same this with my last baby and ended up with a name that I don't like. She is 8 now and the name still hasn't grown on me.lol Thanks again!
    Gigi76825

Answer by Gigi76825 at 12:07 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• My DH wants me to name the baby whatever I want.
    Gigi76825

Answer by Gigi76825 at 12:30 PM on Oct. 14, 2009