If my breasts are leaking at 30 weeks pregnant, can my husband still suck on them?.. Sorry if this is too much info.

My DH is a big boob man. I just started leaking just maybe a little over a week ago. Will it deplete my colostrum supply? or will it mess up my chances of breastfeeding somehow Or anything else I should know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• oh you'll be fine!!! if he gets a little colostrum in his mouth its not really a big deal...most men don't end up finding it gross anyway! lol.... don't worry about it at all....your actual milk wont come in until the baby is born anyhow
    SammyJoB

Answer by SammyJoB at 12:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• It is fine... my dh is the same way :p
    I successfully breastfed three kids. No worries Momma!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:02 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• sure. hey who knows maybe it might help with milk prodcution lol. dh is a boob amn to but since am bf he satys away from them lol
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:12 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• That has always been an enormous turn on for me. My husband is really weirded out by my milk, though, and stopped paying my breasts much attention when I started making colostrum. 17 months later he's still weird about it. LAME.

Anyway, no, it won't deplete your colostrum supply, your breasts will make more. The baby will get everything they need :) I encourage you to pick up a book on breastfeeding or to attend a series of La Leche League meetings. It's very important to know the basics of breastfeeding before you start. That way you have resources and can nip any problems that arise in the bud before they make you quit breastfeeding.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:16 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Lol. Thanks for asking this! My husband did the same thing while I was pregnant and everything was fine. I pumped for eight months after that due to latching probs. He even enjoyed them while I was bfing!
    Anonymous

• My husband loved sucking on my boobs when I was pregnant/breastfeeding. He said the milk was really sweet. lol i guess all guys are different. It won't mess anything up for you though
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 12:17 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• LOL I was worried about the same thing a few weeks ago! You'll be fine I asked on here then asked my doc, everything will be fine, its more up to DH if he still wants to play with them or not. My DH still loves to, hes even cracked jokes that our daughter is going to have to fight him for boob time! anyway best of luck with hubby and baby!
    Anonymous

• unless DH really sucks good for a long time you should be fine ;) even older children usually lose the ability to get a good latch to efficiently nurse so most likely you SO won't be able to get much out.
    Anonymous