How do you figure out if you are liberal or conservative?

For me it really depends on the issue.
I strongly support public health care (although not the one currently being voted on)
I am Firmly pro-choice but feel that since its my choice, its my bill too.
I think the government has no business IN business for the most part.
I am anti gun control
I think that PA is for those who need it, and that there should not be a stigma attached to saying "I need help" But that help should have a set time limit.
I believe that working hard is the best way to get ahead and that companies should have a responsibility to their employees as well.
I think unions are a lot of the reason jobs are going overseas. (UAW shot itself in the foot, they demanded too much).
Just a few topics I feel strongly enough about to say something, so where do I fall ladies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Why label yourself? The definitions of Liberal and Conservative have become so skewed in the past few years that they are only a shadow of their original meanings. Just be you...

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Well if you care more about yourself than others you are a conservative. If you care more about others than your self you are a liberal.
    Anonymous

• You are conservative.
    Anonymous

• I agree with ihart. I consider myself independant. I don't take the party line on anything- I look at the issue itself and see how it specifically affects myself and my family and then make up my mind from there.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 12:05 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Try this link:

http://www.theadvocates.org/quizp/index.html
    Bluebonnet72

Answer by Bluebonnet72 at 12:09 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I don't consider myself either. I have strong view on some political subjects from both sides. I don't "side" with either, and i think both ends at the extreme is too radical. I like the "middle of the road".
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 12:09 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I agree with Ave.maria and ihartU, I stopped claiming a party during the 2008 election, I consider myself an independent.
    LilCaprica

Answer by LilCaprica at 12:18 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• See -I don't fit any one party line - more libertarian...I am for small government, anti-imperialistic...but I am pro-life...am strong proponent for the Constitution...I could be a strict Constitutionalist. I don't fit one genre at all...but still very conservative...you weren't made from a cookie cutter - so neither should your views fit into a cookie cutter...
    Anonymous

• You were brave to post such a loaded question. Just vote for who or what you believe in. Don't worry about labelling yourself.
    LUVWJ

Answer by LUVWJ at 1:04 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I asked my gov't teacher in HS because I didn't understand the terms. He explained it to me. That's how I figured out I am conservative.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:59 PM on Oct. 14, 2009