Does anyone have some tips on potty training my 2.5 year old Son?

He's gone both pee and poo on the big potty with the training seat and I have a sticker chart to reward Him that seems to be working..just wanted to know if yall knew of anything else that works or had other ideas? Thank you!

ajtherad

Asked by ajtherad at 12:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We waited until all our kids were 3. Wait until you have time to stay at home a few days. Buy him character underwear. In the morning say "today's the day for big boy underwear! You get m&m's when you go on the potty!" Put him in the underwear. He'll feel it right away if he has an accident. Put him on the potty often to start. It will only take a few days. I wouldn't go out of the house if I were you. I did this with my 3.5 year old son. He was so ready that he only had a few accidents the first 2 days and that was it. Whatever you do, don't ever go back to diapers or pull-ups (except at night).
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:50 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Throw a few cheerios in the potty for him to aim at if you have him standing to pee. After so many stickers then there could be a prize. Good luck!
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 12:02 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I put my son in underwear and took him every 30 minutes or so. You might have to change some accidents, but that seems to be a good detterent for going in th pants cuz they dont like to get their clothes all wet. My son is four now, but I still give him fruit snacks for pooping in the toilet. He went through a phase where he would go and hide it behind his dresser as if I couldn't smell it. LoL
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 12:08 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Consistancy, consistancy, consistancy.
    Anonymous