Could you comment on this please!?

http://www.katu.com/news/local/64059697.html
ALBANY, Ore. - At the Oaks Apartments in Albany, the management can fly their own flag advertising one and two bedroom apartments - but residents have been told they can't fly any flags at all.

Jim Clausen flies the American flag from the back of his motorcycle. He has a son in the military heading back to Iraq, and the flag - he said - is his way of showing support.
"This flag stands for all those people," said Clausen, an Oaks Apartment resident. "It stands for the people that can no longer stand - who died in wars. That's why I fly this flag."
But to Oaks Apartment management, Clausen said, the American flag symbolizes problems.
He was told to remove the red, white and blue from both of his rides, or face eviction.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I understand if they don't want flags flying from their apartment buildings, but I wouldn't think it would apply to vehicles.
    Anonymous

• Yeah well to me it is wrong regardless for the management to do this...

and I posted about this last night with the complex phone number..which was busy busy busy

I will go retrieve the phone number in case nyone wants to give it a shot today..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:34 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Oaks Apt. Complex Tel. # & address
    1440 Geary Cir SE
    Albany, OR 97322-6823
    (541) 967-1284
    Call the Management
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:36 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• It really doesn't make any sense to me...I'm guessing the man doesn't want his building to look like shanty town with 87 different flags flying everywhere, if he says no flags, but allows American flags, he's discriminately on people who live there from other countries, do I agree with it? No, its getting a bit silly, but does the poor man who is probably just trying to keep the peace at his building with a bunch of childish pitas running around, I HARDLY think some smear campaign by tnmomoffive is a good idea. Quick with the freaking bullying already, this IS America, flag or no flag, he has every RIGHT to choose. Wipe the foam off your mouth, back off and mind your own business. These people RENT from this man, if they don't like it they should leave.
    Anonymous

• And CM, is she allowed to post this information??? Phone numbers and addresses? Are you crazy? You know, I think you are.
    Anonymous

• sorry for the typos, before you jump on me for that...*discriminating* ... Quit, not Quick.
    Anonymous

• Maybe if the other tenents don't like it they should go back to the country of their choice?? I understand renter vs owner rights. I guess the big thing is HOW DARE SOMEONE COME TO OUR FREAKING COUNTRY AND BE ASHAMED OF OUR FLAG??!!
    If you don't like it. GET THE F*** OUT.
    I can *a little bit** understand the reasoning of not putting up a million flags. BUT, how dare he tell them what they can and cannot do inside the windows or on thier cars?
    Anonymous

• Let people fly their flags-geez Louise
    karmalove

Answer by karmalove at 12:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• anon hate to break it to you but that phone is plastered ALL over the internet by way more people then myself..yeah because some still love this country enough to say enough is enough

if ANYONE is offended by the american flag they should not be here..make perfect sense to me.. shrugs

and the complex sports their own flag to boot! ...they could of put into the rules only the standard american and not in such such areas but they didnt and they said ;it may offend somebody' lol

thats pretty clear to me!...and the man had it on his motorcycle for crying out loud
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I can see not being able to hang flags from your apartment but from your motorcycle that's crazy. That's his own personal property not the landlords!!!
    tinaaly

Answer by tinaaly at 12:48 PM on Oct. 14, 2009