Sleeping positions

At what stage of pregnancy are you suppossed to start sleeping on your right side. Some people tell me after the 1st trimester, but I have also heard once you reach the half way mark. I will ask my doc next week, but I would like to know what some of you recommend. Thanks a ton!

lkuhn

Asked by lkuhn at 12:30 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I slept on both sides... I guess the right is "better" all of my docs have told me either side is okay.... I didn't start until I felt too much pressure from my belly to lay on my back. Maybe around 18 weeks...
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 1:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• either side is okay
    left will actually increase blood flow but TBH you will get very uncomfy if your body starts getting effected by sleeping on one side for too long

also my doctor never mentioned a specific sleep position, but as you get bigger its almost impossible to sleep thru the night on your back, because you have this almost ready to be born baby crushing you, and laying on the tummy is uncomfy for many but some still do it and its fine
    Anonymous

• I sleep on either side. I stopped sleeping on my back around 16 weeks and stopped sleeping on my stomach when it became uncomfy.

abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 1:08 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• i and 4mnths and my dr has not said anything about how i sleep, i am still sleeping on my stomach and plan to do so until absolutely not possible anymore...sleeping on my sides makes my body ache so im anxious to see how this goes lol
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 2:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2009