My friends, what do you think of this Bible verse?

"Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one." colossians 4:6

I don't know about you, but I love it.

Cinnamon-mom

Asked by Cinnamon-mom at 12:33 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• me too. simple but beautiful
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 12:34 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Matthew Henry says, "And towards others, or those who are within as well as those who are without, "Let your speech be always with grace, v. 6. Let all your discourse be as becomes Christians, suitable to your profession-savoury, discreet, seasonable.’’ Grace is the salt which seasons our discourse, makes it savoury, and keeps it from corrupting. That you may know how to answer every man. One answer is proper for one man, and another for another man Prov. 26:4, 5. We have need of a great deal of wisdom and grace to give proper answers to every man, particularly in answering the questions and objections of adversaries against our religion, giving the reasons of our faith . . . "
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:37 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I have that verse on a sticky by my computer - I do like it!
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 12:39 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• One to live by.
    MaryJane849

Answer by MaryJane849 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Erin, that is a great place to put that verse especially since we are always here and we always need to remember to speak with grace and salt in this section. Great idea!!!!
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:42 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I think it is something I need to start living by. I was getting ready to leave cafemom because of the answers sections.

I hope we all read this and remember this.
    Anonymous

• Seems wise to me. !!!
    zanzeebeel

Answer by zanzeebeel at 1:36 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Love it!
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:08 PM on Oct. 14, 2009