so fun! I just got a phone call, an old friend is on Biggest Loser!

we had no idea, an old coworker is on the show. sorry, just had to tell someone. now i'm gonna have to watch it. hmmmm......

jewjewbee

Asked by jewjewbee at 12:35 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Entertainment

• That's really cool, J! I hope she does well! As far as what the previous responder said, I disagree. They aren't "shamed"...served up a dose of reality is more like it. Sometimes that's what people NEED to get off their asses and make some serious changes. They need to face the facts and get some tough love to help them change. If they're on the Biggest Loser, they probably desperately need that toughness and discipline, because, let's be honest, these people are VERY overweight and obviously nothing they've been doing has been working. Most of them come off the show looking and feeling great. I have never seen the show "hurt" people intentionally. And it's not like they haven't seen the show before, and therefore don't know what they will be subjected to...they are fully aware of it and have made the decision, as adults, that this is what will be helpful to them in their lifestyle change journey. More power to them.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I hate that show. What is so awesome about standing up and being shamed publicly in front of millions of people? I know that is not what is intended, but it is the truth. And they really hurt people for the ratings. I HATE that show. It reminds me of high school only a gazillion times worse.
    Anonymous

• Anon not all people feel that way, that's your opinion.

Anonymous

• woohoo! That is exciting! I want to know who it is! Hope not traci, cuz she is getting slammed, lol! BTW, public shame is not at all how I see this show. These people come in miserable and unhealthy and they take charge of their lives and leave confident, happy and healthy.
    jdanielle82

Answer by jdanielle82 at 12:48 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Big Rudy!!!!
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 1:24 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• That's exciting! And contrary to the first anons opinion, it's great to see how good they feel after they have lost the weight. Anyone who has seen the show knows whats in store and they stiil wanna be a part of it, more power to them! I wouldn't mind a little yelling from Jillian if it meant dropping some pounds!
    Anonymous

• Congrats on being friends with one of the very few tolerable, non-whiny, non-psychotic, non-co-dependent idiots. And send him our apologies that he was stuck on that show with so many crazy and self-absorbed people.
    Anonymous

• plus, everyone is a winner, because they usually all lose a little weight. that in itself is a reward. Hope your friend does really well.
    Anonymous

• That is so cool! Jerry and Estella (I think that is her name) that won I believe last year live in my hometown, I see them around all the time. He is skinny!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 11:34 AM on Oct. 15, 2009