Stupid question

will the doctor of my first child automatically be called to the hospital when i give birth to my second? or do i have to call or fill out paperwork for it? they know im pregnant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• no you have to pick a pediatrician to see your baby while your at the hospital and when that happens they'lll ask you if you have a pediatrician and they will call him or her to check out your baby. otherwise they will have their dr on call check and if your ins isn't with that dr you'll get a bill from the on call pediatrician. that happened to me.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:43 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• You will register at the hospital and you should do this asap. The nurse will know when to call or have the front call your doctor. In my case, my doc was a regular at the hospital I delivered at and all the nurses loved him.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Generally there is a doctor on call. Talk to your ob. If you know what hospital you will deliver at, the dr. should send your chart over ahead of time, and he will be listed as your primary ob. But you usually need to do a preregistration at the hospital, and you will fill out your dr. on that sheet, in addition to insurance and health info
    jdanielle82

Answer by jdanielle82 at 12:52 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• No i'm asking about the pediatrician. i want the doctor my son has to check this baby over after she is born. last time i hadnt chosen a pediatrician so they just had the doctor on call come.
    Anonymous