breastfeeding and valium

i have to get my pulled next week i have been prescribed valium and its not safe while breast feeding. Do you have any idea valium stay in your system? I asked pharmist and dentist neither one didn't know!! Please let me know your experience if you had this dilemma before.

thanks

no bashing please!

ps im pumping as much as i can before the appt.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Health

• It takes 6-8 hours. I had LLL look it up for me when I had to take some.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Do you have to take the valium? Did you tell your dentist that you're BFing? There are lots of other things that you could take that are safe while BFing. Your dentist may give you something else. For example, I know that gas is safe while BFing. So is Xanax as long as you don't take it long term.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:48 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I had it prescribed to take prior to a root canal a few years ago. The dentist and pharmacist told me to pump and dump for at least 12 hours. I did not and she had no ill effects. I did have a colonoscopy while breastfeeding my son, but that time I did pump and dump.
    Anonymous