XP vs. Vista - is one better than the other?

I currently have XP on my computer. I am desperately in need of a new computer, due to tons of problems with this one. I found a really awesome deal on a new one, but it has Vista on it. I am wondering if there are major differences between the two, and if so, what are they? And is one better than the other? I've heard both bad and good things about Vista, but all from people who didn't have XP. I'd like to get some opinions from people who've used both, if possible. But, if you've only used one, give me your opinions anyway, I need all the help I can get with this.

tropicalmama

Asked by tropicalmama at 12:57 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Technology

• I have a Vista and it works great. The only thing I've found to be difficult is to unzip folders.
    Anonymous

• What is unzipping folders? Is that just like opening a folder? Like when you save your docs or your pics?
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:59 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I heard they discontinued Vista bc of all the problems and are going back to XP. I have Vista but if I bought a new one I'd go with XP.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• typingp.s. You can go to the group Computer Moms Computer Heaven and ask Pinksodapop. She knows all there is to know about computer programs and stuff tech related.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:04 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I absolutely hate vista!! I would wait till they bring out the new models with XP on it
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 1:05 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I have one computer with XP and one with Vista. I like both for varying reasons.

you can remove vista though and put in XP if you don't lke it. just took a bit to get used to.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:42 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I actually like Vista but you definately need at least 2G of Ram for it to work properly. If you are used to xp, it takes a little to get adjusted to Vista but I've not had any problems.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Here is a great article about the major differences between the two.

If you are looking to upgrade... I suggest getting a newer computer with Windows 7, as this is the wave of the future and alot of 'small issues' that Vista has... is corrected in Windows 7.

The major difference between Vista and XP is security for the most part. They are essentially the same for the most part aside from some 'snazzier' appearance changes.

PinkSodaPop

Answer by PinkSodaPop at 7:55 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• http://www.bentuser.com/article.aspx?ID=332&page=1

^------ ARTICLE COMPARISON between XP and VISTA
    PinkSodaPop

Answer by PinkSodaPop at 7:56 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• The differences are minimal. Since Vista is being discontinued, you will probably get a better deal on a machine with Vista than one with Windows.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:49 AM on Oct. 15, 2009