Seriously what are the chances? Condoms AND BC fail?

Okay.... So I know this is a cliche question and one I never thought I'd have to ask... but seriously, is this really possible to be pregnant? We used condoms everytime and I was on bc pills. I missed a pill here and there but the condom never broke and no accidents. This is my "period week", so I stopped the pill and after 3 days there is still no period.
I'm also on a thyroid med but I don't think it would effect it.

Could I be pregnant? Should I get a test? This is stupid... I know. I just don't want to waste the money on a test just yet...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• www.babywishes.org. You can buy bulk tests and they're flippin CHEAP. Free shipping too :)

It's always possible if you're having sex to get pregnant. Always. No matter what or how many forms of birth control you are using. It's unlikely, but since you were missing pills it's more likely. Most people don't use condoms correctly. They don't pinch the end when they put them on, they don't hold the base when they withdraw, they have sex for a little while and THEN put the condom on, etc etc. If you don't follow the instructions to the letter they're not that reliable as a form of birth control (only like 70% effective). So it's possible. Just take a test and stop worrying. The $5 is worth it for that, isn't it?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:04 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I've been late on the pill before. Give it another day or two THEN go get a test.
    Anonymous

• You have to take the pill at the same time every day for it to have maximum effeciveness. Missing a pill here and there, taking it when you remember is how you get pregnant. Condom failure can be 16% for slippage. Used correctly they are 98% effective.

So, if you ovulated you could be pregnant. I would be worried about a 2% chance.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:06 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• omg.... We DID have sex and then put the condom on, stupid I know but we never even thought about the pre-ejac. and all that mess.... Oh geezz.....

: ' O
    Anonymous

• You can try to test...but I know when I was taking BC sometimes it took a couple days for me to start.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 1:12 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• In high school i would tell my friends they should look at BC like this. it's 99.9% effective, that means 1/1000 chance it won't work. that might be the first time you have sex or the 1000th. i know that's not how it works but it helped to get them to be more careful ;) lol. it's definitely possible! good luck :)
    Anonymous

• i got prego from pre-ejac. the first time me and dh had sex lol. but you should def get a test. at least calm your fears
    treystiredmommy

Answer by treystiredmommy at 1:53 AM on Oct. 15, 2009