What do you think of SAHM's who send their kids to daycare/preschool?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• What is sahm's? Sorry still getting use to the lango. :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:15 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I think its great for the mom and great for the child, I assume its for an older baby/toddler and just for a day or 2 a week?

gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:18 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• You really should socialize your kid, so I think it's appropriate by at least age 4. Now 2 is a little early. I believe socialization helps them make a more seamless transition into K.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I'm a stay at home mom and one of my kids, my middle child, went to pre-school. For her it was good. For my oldest and youngest it wasn't necessary. I support moms whose decisions help their families, bf or bottle/preschool or play learn at home/.

I supports moms making decisions for what's best for their family's lives no matter if a mom works at home taking care of kids or if a mom's job pays them to work outside of their home.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:21 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I think they're probably doing what they feel is best for their child. I'm a stay at home mom and my son who is 3 started to go to preschool at 2.5 yrs. He has a speech delay and it helped him so much to be with other kids his own age in that scenario. Although I did playdates alot it wasn't nearly as helpful as going to preschool has been. His delay now is mainly articulation. Before PreK he was barely speaking at all.
    Anonymous

• Who cares what someone else thinks. It is their business. It isn't your business. If more women would spend as much time worrying about their own family, home, job and politics instead of somebody elses there would be a lot more productivity going on and a crapload less bickering and strife.
    Anonymous

• What's up with the SAHM q's? Is someone secretly jealous?

Anonymous

• These days preschool is very important. School is getting harder at an earlier age. Why would anyone question a parent sending their child to preschool and giving them a head start? And if a SAHM wants to have her child/children in daycare....honestly who's business is it? Being around other children in a social setting away from a parent can be a very good learning experience for the child. SAHMs need a break just as much as Moms who work outside the home.
    MrsHatch4

Answer by MrsHatch4 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• It depends on the circumstances. Are they staying home alone, watching tv, drinking beer, and eating bon bons while their child goes to daycare all day? Or are they doing something that is difficult to do with a child around?

I know a lot of SAHM's who send their kids to hourly care on occasion so they can clean/go to the doctor/get their hair done. I also know many who take advantage of the free childcare during deployments.

As far as prek, I think it's good for kids. In fact, my 4 year old DD goes to preschool, 4 days a week, all day. She loves it and is really getting a lot out of it.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 1:32 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I think it is ridiculous if you send your child to daycare and are a SAHM. I think this is a waste of money. There are other ways you can socialize your child other than sending him/her to daycare. However, I think that preschool might be important. I didn't send my oldest to preschool because she was ahead of most of the children her age. My middle child will definitely be going to preschool. He has a speech delay and might have a learning disability and preschool will be able to help him more than I can.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 1:35 PM on Oct. 14, 2009