For the people who keep telling us to find Jesus. Do you think they are truly passionate or are doing it sort of as a joke?

I see some posts where someone repeatedly posts to a question "Find Jesus, you need Jesus, walk with Him!" I can't help but wonder, it seems so extreme.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Good question for the religion catagory.
    I don't mind people mentioning their experiences with their faith. The only thing I mind is having it shoved down my throat or implied with every response to a question that I am experiencing difficulty due to lack of Jesus in my life.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:35 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I think they are trying to curry favor. I think they are insecure about how much God love them and want to make it a point to show what good Christians they are. Totally missing the point lol.
    Anonymous

• There needs to be more of an explanation than "find Jesus"...There are plenty of people searching but no one shows them the way. You can say "find Jesus" all day long but until some one points the way, they are just words.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 1:25 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I agree that those questons are from moms who think prayers are answered by thinking a certain and not that action more often dictates outcome.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:26 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Or maybe that person knows first hand what finding Christ has done for them in their lives and only wish that for the person with whom they are speaking?
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:30 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Jesus isn't lost, you need to live your life with Jesus in your heart, but He's not lost.
    Anonymous

• I think they believe they are doing right by what God has told them to do and right by their fellow man.

Sometimes you get the extreme ends where they seem to have lost their minds along the way but I dont think they are really anything but harmless annoyances.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:47 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• i didn't know he was even lost. who knew?
    Anonymous