How did you come up with your kid(s) name(s)??

I have 2 boys. I named the oldest off a famous actor I had a crush on and the second one I wanted to keep in the same letter family. Both their middle names are tribute to friend and family that have passed on...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i wanted a name that was uncommon is both our familys. we came up with eric. For his middle name i wasnted a strong name being as he will one day become a man, so i chose alexander. eric alexander _. is it a beautiful name if i say so myself. :)
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 1:37 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• We named our son Zachery because it's the only name we agreed on.... and his middle is the same as his daddies, Lyn. Our next kid that we're going to have is going to be Chase (once again the only name we agreed on) Hardin (hubbies dad's middle name) or Chloe Marie (I've always wanted to name my daughter this). so that is where we got the names we have chosen... They were the only ones we agree on! :)
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 1:38 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• oldest was for my gramma, and middle for my great gramma and dh's sister.

middle we liked it and it sounded right with the last name and big sister's name. same for #3.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:39 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• In my family we have a tradition of naming our children after beloved relatives. So we chose a to honor my DH's grandfather, DH's Uncle and my uncle. All three boys have DH's middle name Sundance.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:40 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I have always loved my daughter's name and find it simple, yet meaningful (Eve). Also, not many people have this name, which makes me like it even more. Her middle name is my great-great grandmother's name.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:42 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• We were doing a crossword puzzle about 8 years ago and the was the guys last name. When we figured out his first name we both looked at one another and said "that is such a cool name" 5 years later, when we were having a son, we both still really liked it so we used it. Soren is still unusual but not unheard of. His middle name was my grandfathers middle name. We were going to use my grandfathers first name (also my fathers middle name) but my father HATES it, so we went with the middle instead. If we have another son his middle name will probably be Howard after my other grandfather or Roy after DH's grandfather.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 1:43 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Their first names are names we loved. The older two have family middle names(oldest from my side of the fam, middle son from hubby's side of fam) and the youngest has a middle name we just loved.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:45 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• We gave our kids family names. My oldest is Douglas Ryland (nn Riley) -- Douglas is my DH's name and Ryland is my maiden name. My middle child is Garrett Walker -- Garrett is an old name from my DH's family and Walker was my grandmother's middle name. My youngest child is Kathryn Bayles (pronounced Bay-liss) -- Kathryn is from my family (my DD is the 5th generation Kathryn; I'm the 4th) and Bayles was my DH's grandmother's middle name.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 1:47 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• My children are named after my favorite songs. =)
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 1:47 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• 1st son- first name after his great, great grandfather and his middle name was his fathers middle name
    2nd son-middle name was his grandfathers first name(my ex's dad), first name our oldest picked out
    3rd son-middle name after my fathers middle name, first name I picked out
    Phew! That's confusing,lol
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:53 PM on Oct. 14, 2009