Gender Disappointment?

I was reading Elle magazine yesterday and read an article all about Gender Disappointment. It is when a woman is so disappointed in the gender of her child that she becomes severely depressed. It was all about women who desperately wanted to have girl babies and even underwent costly procedures to ensure girls but were later disappointed with boys. One mother, who found out baby #5 was antoher boy even said she was so upset she wanted to give them all up for adoption! Were you disappointed with the sex of your child? Did you feel this way?

danielp

Asked by danielp at 1:45 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope, I knew I was going to have a boy first-just like my mom. A baby is precious and if a mother wants to give her baby up for adoption because of the sex of that baby than she doesn't deserve to be a mom.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:48 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• #2 was "supposed to be a boy" at least in my perfect little imagined world. then the u/s said GIRL. I was positive they'd gotten it wrong

then found out at birth. nope its a GIRL.

I was disappointed for about 20seconds.

I've had another girl since then and decided that all of a kind is GREAT. at least for me.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:55 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I really wanted my 2nd child to be a girl. I cried at my first ultrasound when we found out that we were having another boy. Then I decided that God had a reason for giving me boys. My DH is a very charming man and a true gentleman (he stands when a woman walks in the room and holds open doors!) -- I figured that maybe God meant for me to raise my boys to be gentlemen like their Daddy so that they could be good husbands to their future wives.

I did end up with a girl as #3!
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 2:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• i think those women are extremely selfish and stupid. i would love my babies if they were boys or girls. if i had 8 boys i wouldn't care. i love babies, and i will love my children no matter what
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 5:04 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• One of my friends cried when she found out her first was a girl. Then when she got preg with her second she refused to accept anything but a boy. She had a boy and then another girl. I laugh at her about it. Its ridiculous to be like that. One thing that I hate that she does is tell her oldest that she cried when she found out she was a girl. That is terrible. And you can see that she favors her son. It drives me up the wall!!!! She's getting better because I give her so much crap for it.

Oh and my hubby was dissappointed that our second is a girl too but now he cannot get enough of his lil princesses. :)
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 6:12 PM on Oct. 14, 2009