Do u think putting your child in daycare by choice is abusive/neglectful?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? SERIOUSLY??
    Ok. SOME of us don't have an option NOT To work, sorry - sad but true. Me and my husband BOTH have to work and we both wanted to have a child. it is NOT neglectful as he gets our undivided attention more than he's in daycare in a week - Man, Some Mom's are really on some high horses if their situation is better than others... what a question...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:48 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Not at all. It may expose the child to a structured environment and other adults in authority.

Answer by Bmat at 1:49 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• no. I think sometimes there really isn't another option. I do however believe that its best to user it as a last resort. The best case senario is for children to be with their parents, but I know its not always possible :(
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:50 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• sorry I just realized i was one of THOSE CM -er's - lol!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:52 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• That is ridiculous. Um, no.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:53 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Isn't it always by choice? Even if you work, you choose to put your child in daycare. Like me for instance. I work full time and so does SO. We had a choice. We could put the kids in daycare or one of us could quit our job and stay home with them. We chose to put them in daycare. It may not be a choice we liked, but it was still our choice. We could both work and put the kids in daycare, or one of us could stay home and we could get on welfare. We chose not to do that. See? We might not like the choice we made but it is still a choice. BTW, I'm not saying I would rather go on welfare, I'm just saying, I want to work so therefore, made the choice to put my kids in daycare.
    Anonymous

• In a day care center? I don't think they should exist. There are high rates of infection. Children should not be cared for in large groups.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:56 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• No.
    Anonymous

• How? My child is being well taken care of while I work, and she is not being physically harmed. She is learning great social skills and has lots of friends her age to play with.

Staying at home is not the best mold for everyone.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 2:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Only if the daycare sucks. If it's a good one, then no, it's not abusive/neglectful.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:04 PM on Oct. 14, 2009