Are you/ your children going to get the swine flu vaccine? PLZ HELP

I have heard both sides of the story and both are convincing. I don't know what to do!!!! I have a 6 month old, a 3 year old and a Husband who works in the medical field. Please tell me the pros/cons.

No bashing other Moms... This is important to my family.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• do what YOU feel is right.

I am not getting it for my girls or myself. (dh either)
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:52 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Personally, we are not getting it.

Given your situation, though.... I might consider it. Even if your husband gets the vaccine, that doesn't mean he won't bring home the germs on his clothes or whatever.

I don't know... maybe make him take a chemical shower in the driveway before you let him in the house? LOL
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:53 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I have three kids (an 11 year old with asthma & 3 year old twins)...I work outside the home as a sales cashier...and my husband has a full time job, plus is a volunteer fireman. We as a family are not getting the H1N1 vaccine this year. Mainly due to the quickness that it has been made available. There just has not been enough reasearch for me to be comfortable getting it for my family. The last I heard there wasn't a good list of possible side effects.
    I agree with Do What Feels Right To You and for your situation.
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 2:13 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• We are not getting it...but you have to do what you feel is best for your family
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:16 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• For my son, no I don't think he will be getting it. I feel conflicted on if he should get or not... I worry about him getting sick but I also worry about the side effects this vaccine might have. I wasn't able to decide for him... so I told my DH that he had to make the choice. And he said he doesn't want him to have it after he did his own research.
    For me... I'm not sure yet either!! (I'm so helpful aren't I?) I also work in healthcare... with a very EXPOSED group (I'm a pediatrics nurse) the hospital I work at would like us to get it... but I don't know if I will. I think I might get it for myself so that I hopefully don't bring it home to my family or pass it on to my patients.
    I think if anyone in your family has any asthma or anything respiratory.. I would for sure get it. The kids that we are seeing that are VERY sick are those who have things like asthma.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:24 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• My DH and I will not be getting it. However, our 28 month old daughter and 20 year old son WILL GET IT!

I too was on the fence for awhile. I did my research and made the decision based upon what I feel is best for my family. Now, God help me find the dang shot cause we are keeping our daughter out of public places right now and it is difficult.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 3:15 PM on Oct. 14, 2009