my 19 month does not feel pain im worried the doctors says hes fine but i dont belive it

amy203

Asked by amy203 at 1:54 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If he really doesn't feel any pain you should get a second opinion. I saw a special on tv once about children like that and it can be a very dangerous condition because they can't feel if something is too hot and things like that. If you're convinced there's something going on have him checked by another doctor!
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 2:01 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• When in doubt, get a second opinion. I have a nephew with a reduced sensitivity to pain (not sure if your son doesn't feel pain at all vs reduced sensitivity). The biggest problem they've hit is they don't always know when he hurts himself which can increase the risk of infection if an injury isn't treated properly (he can touch hot pans and not react). You'll want to make sure you watch for that.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 2:02 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• OK I SAW THIS ON TLC IT WAS SHOW THE GIRL WHO DEOSNT FEEL PAIN. IT WAS A MEDICAL CONDITION. WHE SHE WAS A BABY SHE BIT THE RAILINGS OF HER CRIB THERE WAS BLOOD ALL OVER SHE NEVER CRIED. SHE BURN HERSLEF DIDNT CRY. YOU NEED A SECOND OPINION
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:35 PM on Oct. 14, 2009