3 CAT AND A DOG

We have 3 cats and 1 dog that are inside. The problem is we are trying to remodel are house and unsure what type of flooring to use for our living room. It used to be carpet, but we had a severe case of flees a few years ago and pulled all carpet, pading, etc to get rid of them. I want bamboo flooring, but dh thinks it will get scratched up. I like carpet because of the softness, but our living room has a sliding window that goes to the backyard and the carpet would prob stay dirty. Dh doesn't like tile because we are looking for a country look . Any ideas on what we should go for.

mar1215

Asked by mar1215 at 2:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Pets

• wood
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 3:33 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• We have 7 cats and 2 dogs. We have tile in all but the bedrooms. In the bedrooms we have hardwood floors but the dogs don't go in them. The hardwoods can get scratched by the dogs. I have heard that bamboo is very soft and easily damaged. I love our tile. It is very easy to keep clean and very tough.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 5:28 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• get laminate flooring. i had it in my old home and it didn't get ruined at all. i had 3 large dogs then and 1 cat.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:45 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• We have hardwood flooring and three dogs and two cats and a house rabbit. We love the wood floor-it is very easy to clean wheather it is hair or the dreaded pee spot-we have no scratching of the floors either. I do all of their nails everyother week so it is not an issue. We have laminate in the kitchen and that is great too.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 9:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I have the pergo laminate wood looking floors. We just has them installed last year after ripping out the carpet in our house. They are GREAT!!!!!! Easy to clean. So far my cats and dog, have not scratched them at all. My children have actually done more damage to the floor than the animals.
    Angel8203

Answer by Angel8203 at 12:49 PM on Oct. 16, 2009