I am 7 months pregnant, and my baby likes to lay straight across my belly. He doesn't like to move out of that position..what can I do to get him to move?

The doctor said he isn't like normal babies-they have their head down by the pelvic bone-my baby lays straight across my belly, making it hard for me to even put my shoes on! What can I do?

pdbaby

Asked by pdbaby at 2:01 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hope this helps:   Transverse Lie, or baby lying sideways

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I just gave birth to a baby in this position, 3 weeks ago. It's called the transverse position, and it is rare( about 1 in 2500 babies). If the baby doesn't move, you'll have to have a c section because it's impossible to vaginally birth a transverse baby. I had to have one because at 38 weeks he still hadn't turned. He came out totally fine though, the surgery and healing was a piece of cake, no problems. It was however, extremely painful and uncomfortable during the pregnancy, and only gets worse as you go along. I know your pain, babe....it was NOT fun!
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 2:52 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I am 36w1d prego and found out tuesday my son is transverse. I had been feeling very achy in my ribs butt etc and it has been hard to breathe now i know why. well i go back to the doc monday and if still in this position i have to do amnio to check for lung maturity and c section prob friday. I am so nervous. Is there a good chance the baby will turn by next week. I know that my doc said that this late in the ballgame it is harder for them to move because of size and if your uterus has changed and adjusted for the transverse position. Anyone with some encouraging words about the amnio breech etc please respond.
    tmills183

Answer by tmills183 at 11:42 AM on Oct. 15, 2009