What happens when...........

A teen in foster care gets pregnant? Does the state take the baby & put it in foster care?
Just wondering......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't think the state takes the baby. Depending on her age and the state, she may be emancipated. Good question...I would have to google it.

salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:22 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• If she gives consent. I think.

Her body her baby.

?
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 2:22 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• good question...I have no idea what the answer would be tho.
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 2:40 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I don't think it's a cut and dry situation. I think there has to be meetings with the current foster parents to see if they are willing to take on the responsibility of a pregnant teen with all her appointments and then a baby afterwards. Although, I don't know if the teen mom and the baby can be considered foster "children" at the same time so there may be some states or counties that provide housing for teen moms with supervision or whatnot.
    Wow, this is a very interesting question.
    I'm glad I didn't get pregnant as a teen while I was in foster homes to find out.. Then again, I was afraid of doing anything wrong.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:41 PM on Oct. 14, 2009