To SAHMs do you intend to go back to work once your child is in school?

Why or why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes, I do.
    Anonymous

• yes, actually right now am looking for a part time job. and in july 2010 i will be looking for a full tme job. my kids are 21/2 and 7 mts.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:37 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I homeschool, and have a nursling. I'm also working towards a degree in accounting
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 2:39 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I really hope that I don't have to go back to work as soon as the youngest is school age. My kids are very close in age and when the youngest is in kindergarten the other two will still be in elementary. That is still quite young and I would like to be the one picking them up from school and staying with them in the afternoons. I would like to go back to work when the oldest is old enough to watch the little ones for a couple of hours. I especially will be working when they start college. We will use my salary to pay for college tuition.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:41 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Hmm... I hadn't thought that far ahead. My daughter is only 17 months and we are planning on having more. So it's gonna be a long time before I have to worry about all my kids being in school.

I have gone back to work already, though. I worked for Thirsties, the cloth diaper company. We moved, though, so I had to quit :( I'm not opposed to going back to work, but we might yet decide to homeschool. And even if we don't, my mom stayed at home after we were all in school and I gotta say... it was REALLY nice to have her there every day after school. I always knew someone was gonna be there for me if I had a bad day or needed a snack right away :) I want to do that for my kids. Being there all the time is the only way you can have any real say so when they get to be teens. If I don't go back to work, I will definately go back to school, though.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:43 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• YES! My younger child is in a half day program now, but when he goes full time next year, I fully intend to work. I will work, even if it's subbing. I'm a teacher and would have the same schedule as my kids.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:43 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Not unless I have to for financial reasons. My youngest is 3 1/2 and will start kindergarten in 2 years. At that time my other kids will be 8 1/2, 9 1/2 and 11.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:48 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I am dying to go back to work! During naptime, I pull my hair out trying to find a way to be productive. But I dont think that I will as soon as they're in school because its not a full business day, and I hate the idea of someone else spending more time with my kids than me.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 2:55 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Yes!!!!! Actually I would be working right now if I was not in school. My husband makes plenty for me to stay home but I love working....As soon as I am done with my bachelor's degree in education I will be teaching. I am a good mom and realized I am just as good whether I work or not.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 3:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I'll be homeschooling my children. Raising my children is my job =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 3:15 PM on Oct. 14, 2009