is this bad?

I have a friend who is 8 mnths preg and she is having such a hard time with this, she is ready 2 have the baby, she asked me how she could break her water and go on of having him. I told her its not a real good idea but of corse im not in her shoes so i wouldnt know, i wouldnt do it id wait out the whole 9 months. is it bad she is trying to do this?

wishingmommy1

Asked by wishingmommy1 at 2:44 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Trying to break her own water is very dangerous to her and baby. The end of pregnancy is very uncomfortable, that's just part of it (I'm 7.5 months pregnant with my 3rd right now). She only has a month to go. She's made it through 8, what's another 1?
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:53 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Yes, she's stupid and selfish for trying to do that. I'm sorry if I'm being too harsh, but it's the truth. A woman is pregnant for 9 months for a reason. Her baby is very likely not ready yet, and she's be greatly, greatly putting him at risk for many problems.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 2:45 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• like i said i wouldnt know what to tell her cuz im 6 mnths n im waiting out the whole 9 mnths and she is having a lot of trouble with pain, i was just curious on what to say to her
    wishingmommy1

Answer by wishingmommy1 at 2:48 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I was in severe pain for the last 3 months of my last 2 pregnancies - suck it up.

is it really worth it to potentially harm the baby by delivering early just to get out of having the PAIN??? I think not
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:54 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• wow i would tell her to take it easy she is almost there! tell her to think of her child not herself being a mom can call for enduring pain....sry if thats too much but that is like wanting to hurt the baby
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 2:54 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I agree stefanie. i'm an older mom and this is bizarre and strange that so many moms keep demanding ways basically, begging, to force birth. And one pregnancy I was 18 days past due , another pregnancy at 9 months we drove two and a half hours to the hospital in the middle of a snow storm and my third pregnancy I was 8 and 9 months pregnant in the boiling hot summer!!! So I know pregnancy discomfort!!!!!

Maybe babies cook inside of women because we're not the best baby cooks to cook'em up any other way? i dunno just a thought.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 2:56 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• lol good answers, she really does need to wait it out. ill talk to her and thanks guys!
    wishingmommy1

Answer by wishingmommy1 at 3:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• yeah is bad. i eman anything can go wrong!! prolapsed cord, the baby could not have a good lung development. she could develop a severe infection so much stuff .a nd of course a dead baby.
    STUPID AND SELFISH!! YES PREGNMACY SUCKS AT THE END BUT DELIVERING A SICK OR DEAD BBAY IS WORSE!! TELL EHR TO SUCK IT UP
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:08 PM on Oct. 14, 2009