what is the best way to stop heart palpitations?

i am 35 weeks pregnant and experiencing heart palpitations which are tending to get worse i have already seen a cardiologist and told my ob how do i stop these horrible episodes of dizziness blacking out hard breathing rapid heart rate and weekness

tiffandgene2009

Asked by tiffandgene2009 at 2:49 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I didn't have them that bad... my heart skipped a beat here and there. It got really bad, but I never blacked out or anything.

Exercise is what has worked the best for me. Cardio exercise and eating right.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:52 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• No caffeine and take slow deep breaths.
    Anonymous

• told to take it easy not to stress my heart so late in pregnancy and have already stopped caffine intake salt and sugar
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 2:58 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• no caffeine an slow deep breaths is what always worked for me as well! an ive had them my whole entire life :( i hope my son doesnt get them! they aren't fun :(
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 12:29 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I have a history of heart issues such as yours. For the heart palpitations, forceful coughing helps to regulate the heart (it's also something people should do if having a heart attack). For dizziness, lay down and put your feet "above your head" (basically, make sure your feel are higher than your head, it helps the blood flow from your feet back to your head). Also, be sure to drink plenty of water! For the rapid heartrate, it sometimes happens in pregnancy. However, slow, deep breaths when it occurs will help.

Ask your OB or cardiologist to put you on a Holter Monitor. This will record your heartrate for 24-72 hours (depending on what the doc wants), and will give them something to work with when trying to diagnose/treat you.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 5:20 AM on Oct. 15, 2009